There are a number of ways that a candidate can find out about a position/company before they attend an interview.
- Look at the company website and also look at the websites of their competitors. These might give you an insight into the business of the company and scope for questions.
- On the website, also look at the jobs page and see if you find further information on the requirements of the role.
- Look for the company website through the search engines or the online Yellow Pages.
- Press websites provide current and future commercial trends and provide useful information on any mergers and acquisitions that might be taking place
- Call the company and ask for a copy of their Annual Report or company literature - this will allow you to study mission statements understanding the company's culture, ethos current position in the market place and future plans for growth.